Verizon Small Business Grant
Federal and State Government Resources:
Resources to Help Businesses Maintain Their Operations:
- California maintains two credit enhancement programs to help small business obtain loans from traditional and nontraditional lenders, including the Small Business Loan Guarantee Program and a Small Business Loss Reserve Program.
- Employers experiencing a hardship as a result of COVID-19 may request up to a 60-day extension of time from the EDD to file their state payroll reports and/or deposit state payroll taxes without penalty or interest. A written request for extension must be received within 60 days from the original delinquent date of the payment or return. For questions, employers may call the EDD Taxpayer Assistance Center. Toll-free from the U.S. or Canada: 1-888-745-3886
- GO-Biz main COVID-19 resource webpage with links to the IBank, Small Business Advocate, State Treasurer, Labor and Workforce Agency, Franchise Tax Board, and Department of Tax and Fee Management: https://business.ca.gov/coronavirus-2019/
Employer Guidance from California Labor Agency
Employer Guidance from the Federal Government
- The federal Center for Disease Control and Prevention provides guidance for businesses and employers here.
- The federal Small Business Administration is opening its Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program, among other resources. More information is available about loans, contracting opportunities, and other resources available here.
Resources Available to Employees
Governor has waived the one-week waiting period for unemployment. Workers can receive unemployment the first week of missed work: Governor's Executive Order